The Custum Turkey Box Build

WIN THIS TURKEY CALL BOX - WATCH BELOW


If you are like me and enjoy being a DIY'er in as many things as you possibly can, why not add building a DIY turkey box to your wild turkey hunting tools.

 I have put together a plan for you to download and videoed me building the box in my messy but productive workshop.

To get the plans for the turkey box, click here: CREEPY TURKEY CALL BOX PLAN

I have printed it at a 1/2" = 1" scale if you printed it on a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper.  This way you can scale any dimensions you have additional questions about.

The materials you will need are:
Top Paddle: 3/8" Thick X 2 1/2" Wide X 10" Long
Bottom: 3/8" Thick X 2 1/8" Wide X 8" Long
Sides: (2) 1/4" Thick X 2 1/2" Wide X 8" Long
Center Blocks: (2) 1 7/8" Wide X 2" x 1 1/2"
The one in the video is white oak but many types of hardwood will work.

Other Items Needed:
(1) 2 1/2" Wood Screw
(1) Small Spring
(1) Piece of Chalk
Wood Glue

For the video, it is 30 minutes long but I try to be descriptive in the build.  Feel free to fast forward as the video because it was completely unscripted.

Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/w_NdR56cWEU

This custom box was modeled after a 1957 Lynches Champion Turkey Call Box with changes that you will see in the video.  I hope you enjoy it.

Be sure to post questions or comments.



Comments

  1. I have not built your call yet, but I do intend to. It is very nice of you to have made this information available to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice concise instructions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment