Camping Truck and Working Truck Dilemma - DIY Removable Tool Storage

I have had a dilemma with my beater truck that I use for both working and camping/hunting.  The dilemma is that as a work truck, getting to tools is much easier without a camper but when it comes camping time, I have to remove all my tool boxes and then install my camper shell.

This always results in me leaving the camper on and not putting the tool boxes back for an extended period of time.  By doing this I make myself much less efficient when I am working.  By switching it back to just tool boxes, I work more efficiently but may be reluctant to run up and camp in the truck bed for an evening when scouting begins.

This is a quick solution that utilizes some 2x4's, a few 3/8" bolts and nuts and some scrap.  It allows me to have full access to my tools boxes, have a work surface and quickly pul it out for a empty camp ready camper.  The cost is also minimal and build time short with basic tools.  Far better then the hundreds of dollars for a bed slider (which I have had before).

Below is the review video of the DIY idea.  Take a peak and make plans for your own if you have a similar situation.


Comments